Advanced hybrid satellite STB & Multiscreen server
Zibox™ is a high performance cost optimized hybrid HD+ receiver letting users enjoy HD+’s SmartTV web portal hosting dozens of entertainment applications and video services, Video on Demand and HD+ RePlay Catch-Up TV services as well as internet browsing over the TV, robust home streaming of media and live free-to-view satellite TV to tablets, PCs and Smartphones that are connected on the home LAN. The Zibox ™ embeds the latest Nagravision CAS and PRM, Adaptive streaming and Microsoft PlayReady DRM technologies.
The Zibox ™ integrates a built-in SAT>IP Server that streams live TV programs over the home network to SAT>IP Client devices and Apps. It also features a DLNA server enabling DLNA-compatible client devices to access TV recordings anywhere around the home. The Zibox™ provides two high speed USB2.0 ports, Ethernet, HDMI and TV SCART and can connect to the internet via its Ethernet interface or a WLAN USB dongle* The Zibox ™ complies with the HbbTV standards allowing users in Germany to benefit from advanced interactive features provided by leading broadcasters over the internet in parallel to their TV program transmission and provide access to endless content they make available online or over the air.
Use your iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) or Android device to control the Volksbox and browse the web in the most convenient and intuitive way possible.
High Definition user interface
Its high definition GUI enhances the user experience and makes the Volksbox easy and intuitive to use. The Volksbox Web Edition+ is PVR-ready allowing the users to record their TV programs on external storage over USB, eSATA or home PCs and supports multitude of audio and video formats for playback. The Volksbox series is designed to meet Europe's strict regulations on low power consumption and incorporates deep-standby circuitry that reduces power consumption to less than 1Watt during deep-standby mode. Software updates are routinely released over the internet, over satellite (ASTRA 19.2ºE) or on our website www.inverto.tv for update through the USB port.
HD+ Card - 12 Months subscription
The Volksbox series targets the German-speaking markets where the HD+ service is available and is supplied with a HD+ smart card valid for 12 months.
Surfing the internet with a remote keyboard and mouse
Your Volksbox receiver can connect to most of the remote home entertainment keyboards available on the market. Many of these stylish keyboards incorporate a touch pad or a trackball and provide excellent ergonomics, making web surfing from the couch easy and convenient. Typically, these keyboards are wireless and supplied with a small USB RF transceiver that you would need to connect to the USB port on the rear panel of your Volksbox.
■ HD+ SmartTV web portal, HD+ Replay Catch-Up TV and VoD services
■ Fully HbbTV compliant with Nagravision CAS and PRM
■ Browse the internet with a built-in ultra fast HTML5 compatible Webkit-based web browser
■ Microsoft PlayReady DRM, Adaptive streaming over HTTP, HLS and MPEG-DASH
■ Internet connection over Ethernet or WLAN USB dongle*;
■ SAT>IP Server - Streaming video to DLNA and/or SAT-IP clients including smartphones and tablets; SAT>IP Client
■ Media library, TV recording and playback over network shares and USB storage devices**
■ Codecs: MPEG2/MPEG4/H.264, MKV, AVI, XViD, WMV, VC1, WMA, AC3 Dolby™, MP3 and JPEG
■ Unique, multi-lingual and intuitive User Interface in high definition
■ TV/Radio Channel list management (LCN support), 6 favorite lists, 7-day DVB-SI-based EPG
■ Software updates over the internet, over satellite (Astra 19.2ºE) and USB
■ Less than 1W during deep standby power mode
■ Free remote control and web browsing apps for iPhone and Android-based Smartphones
■ Free HD+ smart card valid for 12 months
- Fully HD+ compliant with support for HD+ SmartTV portal and HD+ RePlay (catch-up TV) service
- High Definition (Full HD, 1080p video resolution) and Standard Definition compatible
- HbbTV 1.5, Webkit-based HTML5 compliant web browser allowing free internet browsing and access to Inverto web portal
- Multiscreen SAT>IP and DLNA-compatible servers - streaming live TV (FTA) to tablets, smartphones or other compatible devices- Media library, TV recording and playback over shared folders, network and USB storage devices*
- Decoding MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, VC1, WMV, WMA, HE-AAC MKV, AVI, XViD, JPEG, Dolby™ and MP3- Adaptive streaming engine supporting HLS, HTTP and MPEG-DASH media streaming over the internet
- Protocols: DHCP, NTP, TCP/UDP, DNS, mDNS, SDP, HTTP, RTP, RTCP- Embedded Nagravision CAS, NASC1.4 compliant
- Multi-DRM - Microsoft PlayReady, Nagravision PRM- 10/100Mbps Ethernet connection
- Number of channels: 6000, Number of favorite list: 8, EPG: up to 7 days based on SI information- Free remote control apps for iPhone/Android-based smartphones
- External AC/DC power adapter; Deep standby low power mode
- Modulation: DVB-S/S2- RF Antenna Input and Loopthrough output connector: F-type connector
- Frequency range: 950-2150 MHz- Symbol rate range: 1-45 MSym/s
- Input level: - 25 to - 65 dBm- LNB voltage: 13/18V max 400 mA
- Tone control: 22 kHz- DiSEqC and Unicable
- MPEG2 MP@HL, MP@ML, MPEG4 AVC high profile level 4.1, Max video resolution 1920 × 1080p- Supported resolutions: 576i over CVBS video and SCART connectors
576i/p,720p,1080i,1080p over HDMI interface- Standard PAL
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 and 16:9, Automatic adjustment for 16:9 TV sets, Letter Box supportedAudio decoding
- Mono, Dual channel, Stereo, Joint Stereo, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp3, AC3 Dolby Digital Plus- Digital Audio - via S/PDIF interface: Dolby Digital pass through PCM data output
- Compliant to CE: 2004/108/EC (EMC), 2006/95/EC (low voltage directive), 2011/65/EC (RoHS), and 2009/125/EC (ECO design)
- External AC/DC power adapter: Mains input voltage: 230V~, 50/60Hz, Output voltage: 12V, 2.5A
- Power consumption: Max. 25W, Typ. < 10W, Deep standby mode – less than 0.5Watt
Rear panel Interfaces
- Front-End: Input connector: IEC 169-2, F-connector - female- TV SCART connector***: CVBS/RGB (output)
L&R Audio (output)Fast Blanking,Slow Blanking
- Digital Audio SPDIF: 1 x Optical- Ethernet 10/100baseT port, RJ45
- HDMI- 2 x USB 2.0 host socket (Type A), 500mA per port, 1.0A peek per port.
- 12V DC power input
- Standby, Channel Up/Down keys- 1 Standby LED Indicator (dual color)
- 1 IR Sensor (RF4CE optional)- 1 Smart card reader
- Size (W * H * D): 225mm * 38mm * 142mm- Operating temperature: +5°C to +35°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to +60°C
- User manual: English, German- Remote Control unit with 2 batteries
- 1.5m HDMI cable- Double sided Keyboard RCU
- WiFi 802.11n USB dongle
* Web content and Internet-based services are provided by third parties and can be terminated at any time without prior notice.
** Subject to 3rd party royalties*** Alternative 3xRCA connectors for CVBS, Audio L+R.
• Your TV must be switched to the correct input (consult the User Manual of your TV). Also the signal type must be chosen in order to work with your TV. HDMI:
• Make sure that the HDMI cable is connected to the TV and your box
• Your TV must be switched to the correct input (consult the User Manual of your TV).
• Check if the resolution which is set for HDMI can be displayed by your TV, use “V format” button to switch the resolution.
• Control the volume on your box and on the TV.
HDMI: In case of no sound make sure that your TV is able to decode AC3 bit stream, Zibox does not support AC3 decoding.
• Point the remote control directly to the TV
• Ensure that there is nothing in between your box and the remote control.
• Other devices which are very close to the box and bright daylight could affect the reception of the signal
- Check connection cables, make sure your receiver is connected to the wall power connector.
- Check that the receiver has been switched on with the main switch on the back.