Advanced HD+ SmartTV Hybrid Satellite Receiver with Embedded Nagravision
IDL 6654N web edition+
The Volksbox Web Edition+ is the most advanced model of the Volksbox HD+ series. It is a hybrid receiver with embedded Nagravision CAS and PRM and is fully compliant with HD+ requirements supporting HD+ SmartTV portal and the HD+ Replay catch-up TV services.
The Volksbox Web Edition+ connects to the internet over a built-in WiFi or Ethernet connection providing consumers with access to HD+ SmartTV portal containing a large number of applications for attractive online services covering sports, entertainment, music, information and social networks including football magazine Kicker, TV guide TV Movie, news and current affairs from Bild.de, catch-up TV from Arte and cinema news from Kino.de, YouTube, and weather forecasts to name a few. The Volksbox Web Edition+ also supports the HbbTV standard and HD+ Replay allowing consumers in Germany to benefit from catch-up TV programs, advanced interactive features and new content made available online or over the air by leading German broadcasters. The Volksbox Web Edition+ is a certified SAT>IP Client, allowing users to stream live free-to-air or HD+ pay TV programs from any SAT>IP compatible Server device connected over the same home network. This provides a simple and quick multi-room deployment over the home LAN allowing access to satellite TV even when there is no satellite RF cable available in the room. In addition to applications available on the HD+SmartTV portal the Volksbox Web Edition+ allows users to freely browse the web and have their own search for online content. There is also support for remote mouse and keyboard making web browsing easy and simple from the couch.
Use your iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) or Android device to control the Volksbox and browse the web in the most convenient and intuitive way possible.
High Definition user interface
Its high definition GUI enhances the user experience and makes the Volksbox easy and intuitive to use. The Volksbox Web Edition+ is PVR-ready allowing the users to record their TV programs on external storage over USB, eSATA or home PCs and supports multitude of audio and video formats for playback. The Volksbox series is designed to meet Europe's strict regulations on low power consumption and incorporates deep-standby circuitry that reduces power consumption to less than 1Watt during deep-standby mode. Software updates are routinely released over the internet, over satellite (ASTRA 19.2ºE) or on our website www.inverto.tv for update through the USB port.
HD+ Card - 12 Months subscription
The Volksbox series targets the German-speaking markets where the HD+ service is available and is supplied with a HD+ smart card valid for 12 months.
Surfing the internet with a remote keyboard and mouse
Your Volksbox receiver can connect to most of the remote home entertainment keyboards available on the market. Many of these stylish keyboards incorporate a touch pad or a trackball and provide excellent ergonomics, making web surfing from the couch easy and convenient. Typically, these keyboards are wireless and supplied with a small USB RF transceiver that you would need to connect to the USB port on the rear panel of your Volksbox.
- Fully HD+ Compliant, supporting HD+ SmartTV portal, free internet browsing* and the HD+ Replay catch-up TV and VOD service
- Full HD video resolution - max. resolution 1920 x 1080p
- HbbTV support for interactive TV programs and services
- Fully SAT>IP compliant, Certified SAT>IP Client by SES, streaming live TV from SAT>IP compatible Server devices
- Media library, TV recording and playback over shared folders, network and USB storage devices**
- Supporting MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, VC1, WMV, WMA, HE-AAC, XViD, MKV, AVI, JPEG, MP3, Dolby™
- 7 days TV Guide (EPG), Favourite TV and Radio channel lists
- DVB subtitles and Teletext
- Multifeed - DiSEqC and Unicable™ capable
- Multilingual User Interface in Full HD resolution
- Free remote control apps for iPhone/Android-based smartphones
- Stylish design with large alphanumeric display (8 characters)
- HD+ Card - 12 Months free subscription
* Web content and Internet-based services are provided by third parties and can be terminated at any time without prior notice.
** Subject to 3rd party royalties
|General information||Physical Specification|
|- Full HD+ compliant Full HD+ compliant, supporting HD+ SmartTV and HD+ Replay||- Size (W * H * D): 260mm * 53mm * 225mm|
|- WiFi and Ethernet connection||- Operating temperature: +5°C to +35°C|
|-Certified SAT>IP Client, streaming live TV from SAT>IP Server devices over home networks.||- Storage temperature: -20°C to +60°C|
|- Media library, TV recording and playback over shared folders, network and USB storage devices*|
|- Microsoft PlayReady DRM||Connectivity|
|- HbbTV, HTML5 support||- 1 x USB2.0 High Speed Host port|
|- HLS smooth streaming and HTTP streaming||- 1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45|
|- Nagravision CAS and PRM embedded||- 1 x WiFi 802.11 b/g|
|- Number of channels: 6000, Number of favourite list: 8|
|- EPG: up to 7 days based on SI information|
|- Free remote control apps for iPhone/Android-based smartphones||Rear panel Interfaces|
|- Decoding MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, VC1, WMV, WMA,A43 HE-AAC MKV, AVI,||- Front-End:|
|XViD, JPEG, Dolby™ and MP3||Input connector: IEC169-2, Socket (F-connector for|
|- Deep standby low power mode||Satellite front end)|
|Loop Through Output connector: IEC169-2, Plug|
|Satellite Front-End||-TV SCART connector:|
|- Modulation: DVB-S/S2||CVBS/RGB (output)|
|- Input connector: F-connector (with Loop-through)||L&R Audio (output)|
|- Frequency range: 950-2150 MHz||Fast Blanking,Slow Blanking|
|- Symbol rate range: 1-45 MSym/s||- Digital Audio SPDIF: 1 * Coaxial (RCA), 1 * Optical|
|- Input level: - 25 to - 65 dBm||- CINCH (RCA): Audio L/R and CVBS (RCA)|
|- LNB voltage: 13/18V max 400 mA||- Ethernet 10/100Mbps, RG45|
|- Tone control: 22 kHz||- HDMI|
|- DiSEqC and Unicable||- USB 2.0 host socket (Type A)|
|- Wifi antenna|
|Video decoding||- eSATA port|
|- MPEG2 MP@HL, MP@ML, MPEG4 AVC high profile level 4.1|
|- Max resolution 1920 × 1080p||Front panel|
|- Supported resolutions:||- Standby, Channel Up/Down keys|
|576i over CVBS video and SCART connectors||- VFD display|
|576i/p,720i, 720p,1080i,1080p over HDMI interface||- 1 Standby LED Indicator|
|- Standard PAL||- 1 IR Sensor|
|- Aspect ratio: 4:3 and 16:9, Automatic adjustment for 16:9 TV sets, Letter Box supported||- 1 Smart card reader|
|- Mono, Dual channel, Stereo, Joint Stereo, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp3, AC3 Dolby Digital Plus||- User manual: English, German.|
|- Digital Audio - via S/PDIF interface||- Remote Control unit with 2 batteries|
|Dolby Digital pass through||- HD+ smart card|
|PCM data output||- 1.5m HDMI cable|
|- Compliant to CE:|
|2006/95/EC (low voltage directive)|
|- Mains input voltage: 230V~|
|- Mains input frequency: 50 / 60 Hz|
|- Power consumption: typ. < 11W, Max. 30W|
|- Deep standby mode – less than 1Watt|
Note: In case you encounter problem with scheduled recording in standby, you should leave the USB power active
Remark: Do not power off the receiver while doing the update! To benefit from new channel list and new functions, we recommend you to perform a factory reset after the software update.
• Make sure that the scart cable is connected to the TV and your box.
• Your TV must be switched to the correct input (consult the User Manual of your TV). Also the signal type must be chosen in order to work with your TV.
• Make sure that the HDMI cable is connected to the TV and your box.
• Your TV must be switched to the correct input (consult the User Manual of your TV).
• Check if the resolution which is set for HDMI can be displayed by your TV, use “V format” button to switch the resolution.
• Ensure that “Mute” have not been accidently activated on your box.
• Control the volume on your box and on the TV.
HDMI: In case of no sound make sure that your TV is able to decode AC3 bit stream, if not open the “Audio/Video Setting” Menu and change “Digital Audio Out” to “Stereo”
• Check if the batteries are correctly inserted inside the remote control and not discharged.
• Point the remote control directly to the TV
• Ensure that there is nothing in between your box and the remote control.
• Other devices which are very close to the box and bright daylight could affect the reception of the signal